Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Goodness, My Guiness (Drunken Cupcakes)






Beer and dessert? Yes please. Desserts are one of my most favorite things to make. I like to try new ones. Last year I made Irish Whiskey Brownies for St. Patrick's day. They were good, just a little strong.

This year, I ended up not cooking for St. Pat's day, but I was asked to bring dessert for Easter.  I found the recipe for these babies and decided that I had to make them. They are really good, although they don't have much of a beer flavor. They actually taste a lot like gingerbread. Enjoy


Drunken Cupcakes

* 1 box devil's food cake mix
* 1 T. ground cinnamon
* 1 t. ground nutmeg
* 2 c. confectioner's sugar
* 1 can Guinness

Prepare cake per directions on box, only swap the water for beer. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake according to box.

For icing. Boil 1 c. Guinness until it is 1/2. Add 2 T. at a time to confection's sugar until you get a thick icing. Spread on cupcakes and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment