Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Snozberries taste like Snozberries! (Reese's Peanut Butter Bars)

I was skeptical. I always am when someone posts a recipe claiming that "It tastes like the real thing!" Or "Tastes so good make you wanna slap yo mama!" I am especially skeptical when it comes to desserts with peanut butter in them. I like peanut butter, not the hugest fan of peanut butter in things. As far as Reese's go, I really only like the mini ones because I think they have the best peanut butter to chocolate ratio. My hubby, however, is absolutely gaga over anything choco/peanut butter. Reese's are his most favorite thing.

I came across this recipe a while back, thinking that I would make it for him sometime. I bought what I needed, but just never got around to it. He has just finished a  25 hour shift, that's right, 25 hours. Something broke, and it HAD to be fixed, and they had to stay until it was. After 25 hours, he came home for 5 and then was back to work this morning regular time. He is beyond exhausted . I thought it would be nice for him to come home to something yummy (besides me :).)

I whipped this dessert up for him. It was super quick and easy and no baking. It just needs to set in the fridge and it is ready to go. I just went in to take a bite just to see. And oh my. It actually tastes, like a Reese's. :) I really think it made his not so great day. My son said it was BETTER than Reese's! Not sure, but it's pretty close.. It's amazing how Jiff and Nestle chocolate chips can taste like Reese's.
This one is for sure going in the recipe binder.

"Reese's" Peanut Butter Bars

1 c. butter ;melted
2 c. graham cracker crumbs (bought or make your own)
2 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. plus 4 T peanut butter
1 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips

~ In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, crumbs, sugar and 1 c. peanut butter until well blended.

~ Press into a ungreased 9x13 pan.

~ Melt chocolate chips and 4T peanut butter together and pour over the peanut butter layer.

~ Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

YUM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment