Thursday, August 16, 2012

Clean Up Clean Up

I know this is basically a food blog. However, cooking/baking makes messes, so it will also be a cleaning blog too. Thanks to Pinterest, I have removed "most" of the chemicals from my cleaning up. It saves money, and it is better for us. My absolute favorite so far has been the glass cleaner. It cleans so well, and doesn't leave streaks whatsoever.

Glass Cleaner
1/4 c. white vinegar
1/2 t. castile soap
2 c. water

~ Mix in a spray bottle and clean away!

My second favorite is the All Purpose cleaner. It works very well on stuck on food! I use it on, well everything. It is All Purpose, you know....

All Purpose Cleaner
 1/2 t. washing soda (found in laundry isle)
2 t. Borax
1/2 t. castile soap.
2. c water (I use warm to help dissolve everything)

~Mix in a spray bottle and clean away! 

In order to make and All Purpose cleaner into and Antiseptic cleaner is to add 1t thyme or lavender essential oil... Remember NOT the scented oil like you find at Walmart, it needs to be actual essential oil. I haven't actually done this yet, but will as soon as I remember to pick some up.

Now, onto floors. I. Hate. Cleaning. Floors. Seriously, it is my worst chore ever. I don't mind the vacuuming/sweeping part, but mopping. UHG! I hate it..... Because I hate it, I don't do it nearly as much as I should. My friend posted about a floor cleaner that she thought was just wonderful, so I thought I would give it a go. I basically have new floors! I could NOT believe how well this cleaned. I have a white tile floor, and my grout is well, disgusting. It's pretty dark, and I hate it. I am pretty positive that after a few mopping sessions, it will be completely clean. Even with no bleach! I was really, really amazed by this.

Floor Cleaner
1/4 c. white vinegar 
1 t. liquid dish soap 
1/4 c. washing soda 
 2 gallons tap water, very warm 

~ Place all the ingredients into a bucket and mix well until sudsy, and mop away.
*You will need to go over with a plain water mop after or it will leave a bit of a film. Worth it! Seriously clean!

I think that is it for now. Happy Cleaning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment