Friday, August 17, 2012

Make Ahead Breakfast

My oldest son isn't the biggest fan of cereal everyday for breakfast. He will eat it but would rather not. I also love anything breakfast, but when school is in rarely make time in the morning to fix a hot breakfast. One of my goals has been to get up early and make breakfast for everyone, but I still find myself sleeping until the very last possible second.

So, to remedy that, I decided to make a big batch of breakfast foods and put in the freezer. That way we can have hot breakfast very quickly. I am going to be making these this weekend.

Breakfast Burritos   Preheat 450

1 lb. breakfast sausage
1 lb. bacon
1 lb. ham (I won't use this)
2 lb. red potatoes, cubed in bite size pieces
16 oz. shredded cheese (any kind will do)
24 soft taco shells
12 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. olive oil
S&P and any other spices you prefer

~ Brown meats.
~ Toss potatoes w/oil and S&P. Roast 30 mins.
~ Scramble eggs w/milk

Layer meat, potatoes, eggs and cheese in shells and wrap. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Wrap each burrito individually in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. Return to freezer.


Pancake Muffins    Preheat 350

Mix up your favorite pancake mix.
Brown breakfast sausage.
Mix together.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray, fill with pancake mix.
Bake for about 13 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment