Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole

I got this yummy dinner from my good friend Alisa. I was impressed that my two light eaters asked for seconds.  Those two hardly ever do. I was also that my one son ate it since it is full of tomatoes. He ate it and wanted more. This is easy and has few ingredients that are usually on hand.  Next time I think I will add some veggies to it but it is fine the way it is.


Cheeseburger casserole  

 * 1lb ground beef  
 * 1 medium onion, chopped  
 * 1 28oz can diced tomatoes 
 * 1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce  
 * 1 tsp dried oregano   
 * 1/2 tsp garlic powder  
 * salt & pepper to taste  
 * 12 oz med-wide egg noodles  
 * 2 cups shredded cheese 
 
 Brown hamburger with onions. Add tomatoes, Worcestershire, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
 
Cook Noodles according to package. Combine and stir in cheese. You could even add a little cheese to the top and toss it in the oven until it gets melty. 
 
I know this may sound weird, but I added just a bit of pickle juice to my serving. Tasted just like a cheeseburger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment