Saturday, October 26, 2013

Low and Slow (All Day Pork)

My coupon-er friend let me know about about pretty good pork roast sale. I don't typically care for pork, but my family does. I told her to pick me up about whatever she got herself. I ended up with about 13 lbs. She suggested that I cook it all at once, divide it up and freeze it for quick dinners. I rubbed it down with what I deemed the BEST RUB EVER! and cooked it at 200 degrees for about 11 hours. My hubby was concerned that was too long, but when I stuck my fork in, it literally fell right apart. I ate it two days in a row, and I would say that is pretty good for a non pork lover.

BEST RUB EVER!

1/2 Cup salt
1/2 Cup chili Powder
1/4 Cup garlic powder
1/4 Cup onion powder
1/4 Cup black pepper
1/4 Cup sugar
1 TBS dry mustard
2 bay leaves crushed


Mix it and rub it on any and everything! Store leftover in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment